Friday, July 17, 2026

Call Me a Vampire

Here I am, up late.  My big plans to do a pile of SVDP work were negativity affected by my falling asleep on the living room floor, though I did get through a pile of emails and links, which is close enough.  I have a full day planned tomorrow, so I should be in bed, but... alas.  

In some ways today was worse than yesterday; the air smelled more, there was less wind, and it was darker and thicker -- I had to put the lights on before the sun went down, which is a rare event.  I assume the rain tomorrow (and the wind) will clear out some of the miasma, or at least I hope so.  I walked across the parking lot at a strip mall to go the bank and I was like "ugh."  I can only imagine people with respiratory issues.  That said, the Canadians should be pleased we are poking around in Iran, otherwise POTUS would be declaring war.

How the U.S. Lost the World Cup—and Won Over the World - WSJ
This is exactly right, and while I would have rather us won the thing...this might be as close as we get.  And, for all of the shitting on Trump and his voters, it certainly appeared that a lot of these Europeans were traveling through red states and seemed to be enjoying it.

We Went to a Yacht Party for the Most Pro-Deportation People in DC - POLITICO
I sort of want to join, just for the shits and giggles.

Inside the tense final hours of Graham Platner’s campaign - POLITICO
This is a different form of shits and giggles, in that everyone loves a trainwreck, especially me, and this was one.  I would hope Susan Collins has a string of ads with all of the people who endorsed the guy, with a chyron of "How Can You Trust Them" or something. She is smart enough to win, and she might be able to do it again...

Inside the tense final hours of Graham Platner’s campaign - POLITICO
He is pretty funny, and while he might be too old for POTUS, I agree he is quite the road warrior for GOP campaigns.  I think we can use this -- humor -- especially as most Dems now come off as annoying scolds.  Ok, they always were,  but just moreso now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home