Thursday, January 05, 2006

Double Event

So much to say...Net was down last nite, and I could not post.

First, saw Brokeback Mountain tonite with a coworker. It's good, like an Ang Lee film, but I would not go as far to say great. Had its moments. On the other hand...they really, pardon the pun, hammer the gay shit. Too much so; I mean, overdone on the symbolism, boys and girls. Plus, I did get a kick out of the obvious discomfort my coworker had over the um, graphic description of the mechanics of sodomy. So, it's prolly worth the $8 to see it, but, let's face it, everyone gets screwed by love in the end.

Last nite...Pub Quiz...we won. Seven months in a row. Phew. Won it by one point, and it was a close-run thing. Late scoring avalanche did it, the result being that I am not $39 richer, subsidizing gay cowboy nite. And, sad to say, no pudding in the movie.

But back to pub quiz. The real comedy came late. The table of females next to us, one of them came over and did this spiel about being with the Pain Dealer, how this was a story, yadda yadda, could I come over. So, I did, not realizing I was being scoped. Anyways...we got to talking, and these females were quite hammered. And, to use an equine phrase, let's just these females, had, um, a nice personality. Somehow, the conversation shifted to dogs, how wonderful they were, and all that crap. Since I have not yet been lobotomized, I didn't share their views. So...the one chick, after a coupleof minutes of kvetching, tells me to "Go home and masturbate." Funniest thing I have ever heard...I've been told a lot of things by women, but this does take the cake..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home