Weekending
The Browns won! Deshaun Watson played very well! Funny; I watched the game because I wanted to see how Baker Mayfield did (he did fine, though not well enough; did seem to miss open receivers) and instead I got a compelling -- albeit delayed -- game. I guess most people will want Watson to stick around. For a week. I watched some of Monken's presser and post-game locker room speech, and I was...well, not impressed, but, as I like to say, the city is a happier place when the Browns win, mainly because it happens so rarely.
Mostly good weekend. Friday night I went to the art museum for the Cleveland Silent Film Festival, where I saw the 1926 disaster film "The Johnstown Flood." It was quite good -- I mean, like all films, it was a bit moralistic, but the special effects were quite cool for the era, and I was fascinated as to how they managed to put it together. I also got a mention in the program for joining the Society, continuing my year of being semi-famous. Humorously, I got home about 9:30, watched J!, and then crashed on the floor, where I woke up at 2:20 with the lights and TV on. Sigh.
Saturday was a family poker fest (I had to make jello Thursday as I was filming Friday), but in the AM I did some errands, a vigorous gym session, and a trip to the PACC for lunch at their Harvest Festival. It was fine -- the food is good, though they do have those silly ticket things. I mean, as we say in my family, it IS a fundraiser. Saw some people I know, too, which was nice -- good to hear what is going on, sort of.
I have a backlog of emails and stuff, and I did some of them, but not nearly enough this weekend. Sigh. Adulting is sort of hard sometimes, though I do my share of making it difficult.
I have a backlog of emails and stuff, and I did some of them, but not nearly enough this weekend. Sigh. Adulting is sort of hard sometimes, though I do my share of making it difficult.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home