Saturday, August 29, 2026

Relief

This could be me, but too much and not enough was made of UNC's win at TCU.  Too much, of course, because one game is one game, but I also think the idea of underestimating Bill Belicheck is... unwise?  Especially in this NIL era, when he could recruit some players of his own, put in his own schemes tailored to them, etc.  To be sure, it is one game, but I would like to think the man could win one game if he needed to...and with the vultures starting to circle...

Last night I had a haircut in Lakewood and with a couple of hours to kill, I decided to go to Sarita -- never been there, heard it was good, and there I was.  Of course, the parking was a hot mess, and I could not help but note -- given the Acton signs -- that I was in enemy territory.  As for the grub, it was pretty good -- I had a peach burrata appetizer that was desserty, a chicken francaise (bit salty) with mushroom risotto (quite good), and bread pudding (I skipped lunch).  I think Rood is better, but it was good on its own.  Then off to Mahall's for Emo Night, which was glorious, as always.  

OC duty today -- 106 the count, but with five Saturdays, we expected it -- about 30%, I would say, had been there already and either forgot or were scamming.  Alas.  More seriously, all the produce is gone, the tables were wiped off, and we cleaned/consolidated the freezers; we are closed next week for Labor Day, and we can't have stuff lying around.  My month is over, and I can... not worry about crap.

Glenville football players accused of stealing $4,500 from Dick’s Sporting Goods - cleveland.com
This story amuses the hell out of me; for one, these kids should know better.  Two, we aren't going to hear from Teddy Ginn -- all about the kids, you know -- about this.  If we had real reporters, of course, they would be asking him about this.  But, we do not... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home