Saturday, August 22, 2026

Catching Up

Good day today.  First, the lawn mower was fixed; the tech came and disconnected a tube.  He suspects a valve in the engine is leaking, pushing extra air and gas into the engine, causing stalling.  So, disconnecting the tube...well, it runs about one speed slower than usual, but it cuts, and that is all that matters.  The mower is more than 30 years old, but in mostly good shape, but I might have to consider a replacement.  At least the lawn is cut and I can weed-whack tomorrow.  

Then off to the OC, as we had duty.  The count was 106 -- a bit low, we all wonder why -- and it was very smooth.  All of the produce went, all the tables were cleaned, clothes were given away, etc.  Cannot complain.  Then off to the gym, a couple of stores (the salmon burgers on sale at Giant Eagle are quite good, will get some more tomorrow), the library, and then home to catch up on some work and get stuff done.  Rah.  Funny; I had made plans with friends to hang out Friday night and Saturday night, and in both cases, they called it off.  It does happen, and it is cool, bit then when people get at me for not having the time for them... oi.
Reliably red Ohio suddenly a red-hot mess for GOP
I completely agree, of course.  I mean, this is a red state, but a blue year, and the candidates are flawed.  Vivek has ads but is seldom seem, Husted is playing catch up, and Max Miller is still around.  Oi.  We should be burying these people, but of course, we are not. Sigh.

Interesting.  Funny; one would think UA has made some progress and could make it to a bowl this year.  On the one hand, this is a gimmick, but on the other hand, if it gets them the cash they need to get transfers/boost the weight room/keep the talent they have... I suspect this is the sort of thing that only a MAC school could do, as the Power conferences do not need to and the others have pretensions of joining the big leagues...

SNAP enrollment dropping faster than expected. Here’s why
Funny; when they first announced SNAP cuts, everyone was shitting their pants about seeing an influx of people needing food...and it really hasn't happened.  I mean, for all my snarky comments about the GOP prosperity explaining this at the OC... well, as most of our clients are Hope and Changers, I do not think they are going out and getting jobs.  But they are not crashing food pantries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home