Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Mattie Posts

Two days without a post, and I had been doing it regularly.  Alas.  I just crashed last nite -- I have a cold, sadly, and have been coughing up a storm, and when I got tired before 11, I figured if I could crash early, the extra sleep would help.  Now, I am sure it would, but I just started coughing, the fatigue passed me by, and while I eventually fell asleep... it was not a long and fitful sleep.  Alas.  Today I felt ok, just didn't hit the gym -- work was a bit stressful, and I am tired and hacking.  I of course emailed the MD this morning, and while I am sure they will eventually reply... well, there are days I think they just let it go into the ether.  Sigh.

Monday night I went to the Globe Iron to see Bloc Party -- never seen them live, love them, and it was an awesome set, so much so that I can almost forgive them for starting late.  The venue is pretty nice - West Bank of the Flats.  Google maps had me go down Canal (by East 9th) and come up that way; I hadn't been down that way in a few years, got slightly lost, but at least it was pretty cool; that area used to be desolate, and now there are like, people and houses and businesses.  Quite cool, and I have to admit if I was younger and not a property owner I would be interested.  Of course, now it is lovely, with nice weather and things to do and such; I am sure in December when the streets aren't plowed and the local Hope and Changers are trying to break into your car or house again...it is less nice.

Anyways, after the show there was some traffic, so I meandered to McCarthy's, had a late dinner, and figured that I would leave once it dissipated. I didn't realize that Louis Tomlinson was at Jacobs Pavilion, he had more fans and a later show, and I spent an extra half hour walking around while that jam broke up.  Oh well.  Also, everything there is cashless, so...I mean it is fine (I paid it today) but it is a bit odd.

What are the SEC’s breakaway choices? From going nuclear to the mild option - The Athletic
I realize they won't, but if they really wanted to play hardball and knock the SEC to its knees, the other conferences and the Powers That Be should say "fine, go away."  And, I mean, really force them succeed -- no games, nothing in the national championship race for ANY sport, no March Madness, anything.  I mean, the gesture would be a bit empty if they were shut out of the playoff race, and I bet the other schools would love to get a chance to make the playoffs, even we would now have 12 Big Ten teams in the playoff.  Of course, there is too much money involved so they will not, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home