Awake and Alive
Long week -- crazy earnings season, other projects, and of course I need to do some SVDP work. Oi. Wednesday we had our quarterly Presidents' meeting, and there is quite the to-do list -- stuff to follow up on, stuff to tell my parish leaders, and stuff I need to expound upon; people do have good ideas out there, just have to go and figure them out. Today was the West District meeting, and I went... one to see how they do things out there, and two because I wanted to scout out who was there...
My AC kicked on today, which was surprising because it seemed so nice -- bit breezy, not too warm, plenty of sun. It was a little odd, and of course I had to run around and close the windows and the doors. It was not on long, and then back to fresh air. Bit cool last night but rather worth it...
I still have an episode of J! to watch; guess I will do it this weekend. On the one hand, I have more time in that I am not chained to the schedule and 7:30 (as much as I can). On the other, I miss it -- the mental challenge, the rigor, the fight against my mental decline. Not fun, but at the very least I can track my brainpower. Here's to hoping I am smarter next season!
I forced myself to boil some eggs -- I bought them when they were on sale at Acme, and they are on sale at GE, if you buy three dozen. Yes they keep, and you can do many things with them, but I suspect I might have ennui with them if I buy them all. I bought a $4.65 watermelon at Aldi a couple of days ago, and I was like... I miss it, as it is good, healthy for you, and fairly inexpensive in bulk.
The Daring Mission to Recover World War II POWs From the Bottom of the Ocean - WSJ
Interesting. I can only imagine the nightmare of that site, but committing to saying that we do not leave a man on the battlefield... it is an impressive thing. Also, we didn't avenge ourselves nearly enough on the Japanese for ALL of their crimes. Not only against our POWs, but Chinese and other native peoples; I realize most of these guys died during the war, but not all of them, and that fact that any of them were breathing in 46 or 48....
Interesting. I can only imagine the nightmare of that site, but committing to saying that we do not leave a man on the battlefield... it is an impressive thing. Also, we didn't avenge ourselves nearly enough on the Japanese for ALL of their crimes. Not only against our POWs, but Chinese and other native peoples; I realize most of these guys died during the war, but not all of them, and that fact that any of them were breathing in 46 or 48....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home