Tuesday, August 04, 2026

Still Awake and Alive

I know, quite a long time since I last posted....I have been busy with work, trying to get some sleep, etc.  Indeed, I went to bed without posting last night, but my blood sugar alarm went off, so... God is telling me to post.  Saturday was OC duty -- 140, about average, but there was some excitement.  One of our volunteers left her key ring on a shelf, and of course, it disappeared... our clients are Hope and Changers, of course, so this should be expected.  Eventually, a client said they "found" the keys, and all ended well, but...well, our volunteers know better, or should.  Oi.

‘Platner on steroids’: Max Miller abuse claims have Republicans silently sweating - POLITICO
Are we really surprised?  I mean, the man is a laxbro from St. Ignatius, and if you looked up "douchebag" in the dictionary... I am not exactly sure how he thinks he can win, and while she certainly comes off looking less than stellar, given all that is going on, I am not sure why he thinks he is sticking around.  Good Lord, all I can say.

A New Report Offers a Stark Warning to Centrists - POLITICO
Interesting but not surprising?  I mean, the Left has not exactly delivered on its promises -- sort of like Trump.  And, they are going apeshit with their ideas -- socialism, women are men, etc., and people are going to the right.  Can we deliver?  I doubt it, given all else going on, but...

Inside the growing vigilante movement to knock out Flock surveillance cameras | US news | The Guardian
I completely agree, of course; quite frankly, we need this thing for ALL of these cameras -- speed, Flock, license readers.  I mean, I guess I have some sympathy for Flock cameras, but given the general lack of "who watches the watchmen," I have more empathy for those against them.

Ramaswamy campaign, GOP allies sensationalize and distort facts in attacks on Amy Acton - cleveland.com
This could be me, but we all know where cleveland.com lies on the scale, so I cannot wait for them to discuss their long history of minimizing claims against Sherrod Brown, Ed Fitzgerald, Jimmy Dimora, etc.  Hold my breath I will not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home