Wordlessness
I wasn't exactly having a good day today -- work stuff, food pantry stuff, personnel stuff -- and then a friend texted me to say that her husband (also a friend).... his son committed suicide last night. He is a history buff, like myself, and immediately Lincoln's letter to Mrs. Boxby flooded into my mind. More seriously, my craptastic day...well, it wasn't that bad. (OK, it was, but you get the drift.) But, it is true that there are no words one can say....they talk in bereavement ministry circles (I have kept my certification, amazingly enough) that there is a "ministry of presence," of just being there, but...I don't think this cuts it.
In other news, I am only behind one J! episode, and I though the Monday and Tuesday finals were sort of easy. I made 40 on the show (the watching late does play with my mental acuity) which is fine, I guess; sometimes my mind works more quickly than others. I washed in baking soda the shower curtain but delayed dishes (again); I will do it tonight before bed. I went through some emails and links the past couple of days, which helps in some things, especially with the mental peace...
My one friend asked me if I thought Ohio could go blue this year, and I said it was quite a distinct possibility, and it would be entirely our fault; even in a blue year, the candidates are uninspiring, not exactly present, and the campaigns are moribund. Vivek should be having "debates" with an empty chair every week; ditto for Husted. Max Miller should be kicked to the curb, but was not. I realize we have plenty of cash, and a voter registration lean, but...meh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home