Tuesday, January 10, 2006

HOF results

Sutter is in, and no one else.

Quite frankly, I think this is crap. For one thing, Sutter is a borderline candidate. For another, he was the worst of the three closers on the ballot. Gossage should be in (several years ago), and, while I am not sold on Lee Smith...he is clearly a superior player than Sutter.

No Blyleven. What are they thinking? Rice...I think he is overrated. Very overrated, really helped by his park. Was he a good player? Of course. But not HOF. Dawson is even worse; much like his MVP. It is nice...but not supported by a scintilla of evidence.

Not a lot of other surprises. Well, sort of on the Belle total. I thought he would pulled a few more votes. Mind you, I don't think he is Hall-worthy. (Full disclosure: my favorite player, for several years, was indeed Albert "Joey" Belle.) His numbers are good, as much as any 90s player can have good numbers (unadjusted for context). It does seem people are remembering him for being a jerk.

Season Five of The Shield started. Good shit as always; I watch so little TV, but this show is one I do set the clock for. Scandalous, to be sure.

One more gripe, namely, the continued existence of Ben Broussard in a Tribe uniform...but that will be tomorrow's rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home