A quest for normalcy
Wake today for my friend's son... I really didn't want to go, of course, for many reasons, but then of course I thought that my attendance cannot be any worse than burying my son, and thus I went out. And it was...ok? Very sad, and even my kind words felt hollow. I went to high school with his first wife -- vaguely remembered her (not of my year) and I ended up seeing some HS people I knew, including some who were friends. So it wasn't the worst...should go to the Mass tomorrow, but I suspect I will not be able to. I also need to clean my house, but tonight I need to finish my book -- due back at the library -- so we will have to "tomorrow is another day" approach. Sigh.
At DraftKings, AI Targets the Gamblers Likeliest to Lose - The New York Times
This could be me, but of course a company based on gambling is going to do everything it can to make money from problem gamblers. But, at what point do we need to say that it is the fault of the gamblers? I would think that if you go and lose your money, time after time, you can't fault the company for wanting to maximize their winnings. The mention our governor regretting his choice, and all I can say.... he should have seen this coming?
In Fighting for Every Black Child, Did I Betray My Own? - The New York Times
This is one of the funniest -- unintentional, I am sure -- things I have read. She will probably win a Pulitzer for this, even though all it has done is reveal her to be as a bigger idiot than imagined. If, of course, you can imagine that...
Can Democrats Reclaim the Christian Moral High Ground? - The New York Times
Only in the NYT can anyone think of a way to say that Democrats even had, at any level, a sense of Christianity or the moral high ground....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home