Wednesday, December 28, 2022

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward

 Quite a charming day... as it turned out, the next time I went to the garage and get the car out... the garage door was completely off the rails and completely stuck.  I called a couple of places and was told that it would be Saturday before I would be needed...anyways, I mentioned my first-world calamity to my sister, and she mentioned an app called Thumbtack, which connects you to handymen and such.  Fascinated by this entire concept, I downloaded it and signed up, and within an hour, I had someone here fixing the door.  I am not quite sold on this... so far, the garage door works perfectly, and he was done quickly and nicely, so I guess that should be 90%, though, of course, you never know who is coming to the door.  Let's just say I will be monitoring quite closely my accounts for a bit...  More seriously, this is another hunk of cash on the house, and while that's what home ownership is... I can't pay down more bills and start the bathroom/windows/carpet/chimney until I get the debt down to a level I prefer.  Sigh.

Anyways, some better news was that my contract with my former employer is officially completed, and they will be (hopefully) paying me, and that's that... while on the one hand I wouldn't have minded finishing the work and getting a little extra dough (especially now), on the other... well, let's just say that I am sort of over the thing.  I love my new job and my new company, and the quality of my life has greatly improved since I quit... so maybe, just maybe, that chapter of my life has to close.

Funny, because I met a friend at Beachwood Place for dinner and window shopping, and the new office of my former employer is at the co-work space there... it was a bit odd, to be back, sort of, and it has been years since I was at Beachwood Place.  Lots of cops there (I told my friend it was the East Side, which he appreciated) and dinner for two at the food court was $34 (ok, it is Beachwood), which was oi.  My friend has expensive tastes, and took me through both Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom's... I told him that the value of my entire wardrobe didn't cost as much as one Gucci bag, and he, of course, told me that he was fully aware of the bargain nature of my sartorial choices.

In the category of striking while the iron is hot, I watched "Behind Every Good Man," a short film (less than 9 minutes, yay!) from 1967 about a cross-dresser looking for a date.  It was a student film, and, as we like to say around here.... you could tell.  But, progress is progress, so...804.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home