Monday, December 19, 2022

The fish in the water

 So, I crashed hard yesterday...and I was cold; I mean, like shivering cold, which is rare for me.  I think whatever cold I have has NOT gone away; between the odd sleep schedule in New Mexico, the germs on the plane, etc., I am not quite back to square one, but...close.  To be sure, 3 or 4 days of solid sleep, decent eating, that sort of thing -- should help.  It is, of course, a question of actually doing it.

One catastrophe... all of my bookmarks on my work computer are gone; not sure how, somehow, between the trip to NM and back, everything was reset and nothing can be found.  Oi.  To be sure, some of it can be recovered -- I remember some of the sites.  Others...not so much.  That will be a real bitch to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.  Funny; my boss and I went over the schedule for 2023 -- lots of changes, not a huge deal -- and one of the things I told her was that searching for everything would take time... and it is now on the schedule.  Sigh.  

Went to see the new Avatar movie with a friend yesterday (he had passes).  Mind you, I have not seen the first one, but as I told him, I saw the original (i.e., Dances With Wolves), which, as you can imagine, he found to be hilarious.  Anyways, I guess it was ok; the special effects were cool, the plot was predictable, as were the internal dramas, and it was long.  If you are a fan of the world, it would be a real pants-wetter, but for me, it was...fine?

https://www.popsci.com/science/mediterranean-diet-fish/

Interesting, and this makes perfect sense to me, if only because 1) fish were cheaper than four-legged critters and easier to obtain and 2) fish are a tremendous source of protein -- other civilizations (such as in South America) used them extensively in their diets, so no reason why the Greeks didn't, either.

https://www.thefp.com/p/the-rise-of-the-desantis-democrats

Long may this continue....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-catholic-priests-are-increasingly-conservative-as-faithful-grow-more-liberal-11671343608?mod=hp_featst_pos4

Catholics acting like....Catholics.  Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home