Friday, December 02, 2022

Activity

 Funny; I met some friends from SVDP for dinner in Strongsville.  On the way there, I was stuck in traffic, and I couldn't help but note that literally all of the places on the way there... the parking lots were full.  Outback, TGI Friday's, The Rail... all of these places, of course, are not exactly McDonald's.  It was impressive.  And, of course, the place we went to -- Gran Fiesta -- was full; I got there early to reserve a table, and there were people waiting outside when I left...  It was good, of course, and it was good to catch up -- not really gossip, but what's going on, the world of the Order, that sort of thing.  As my sister noted, there is some sort of recession going on.  I don't know; I think 1) people still have money and 2) people still feel good about things, so they can go and spend on dinner.

Amusingly, I was told NOT to work this weekend or the week between Xmas and NYD, when the company is closed.  I was... well, fascinated.  As I told my supervisor, no promises on the latter.  Still, it is nice to consider.

The Elon Musk/Twitter stuff -- while the traditional Friday night news dump -- is... well, pretty revealing.  Between this and the crypto scam, heads should roll, but, of course, they won't... not that anyone is surprised by this.

Funny; last night and early this morning I cleaned out most of the email inbox... old stuff, responses I was delaying, other stuff I wanted to handle ASAP.  And today, during the day...it all got full.  Sigh.  Tonight we are back to status quo antebellum, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home