Thursday, November 24, 2022

The Trifecta

 Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and there is no better way to celebrate it with family, food, and the Sacrament of Duke basketball!  My aunt hosted today, which was nice...just five of us, but we lingered for a long while after dinner and dessert, just chatting about all sorts of things, which was quite nice.  Food was good, and I was given plenty of leftovers, which is nice, but not that I need them.  Indeed, as I weighed in at 190.8 pounds today at the gym (which was surprisingly crowded at 1 PM), the last thing I want is grub.

As for Duke hoops...even accounting for my usual theory -- that everyone plays up for Duke -- this was way to close to home for my taste, thank you very much.  A win is a win... funny; I forgot that Wayne Tingle at Oregon State 1) Went to the Elite Eight two years ago and 2) Went 3-23 last year.  Quite a turnaround, if you will, and I think you can say he will be dead man walking if he doesn't make the tourney (probably).  Course, I also think Jon Scheyer should be dead man walking if he doesn't make the tourney either.  I do like this team, but...  anyways, one thing I noticed is how difficult it is to have an inside game in modern hoops.  To be sure, the push for three-point accuracy has made putting it up from the cheap seats a viable strategery, but given the increasing size and strength and players, they do cover more space.  I always say widening the court and the paint might alleviate this somewhat...it would certainly allow for more of a mix of styles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home