Thursday, November 17, 2022

Catastrophe

 Disaster of a sorts today. as Team Eleven lost PQ at Stone Water.  Alas!  To be sure, it was fun, good to see everyone again, and while the food there is a bit pricey (I know, what isn't nowadays), it is good... I even went with the gluten-free pasta bolognese, which is amusing, as for some unknown reason, I have always liked it.  Maybe the cream base?  Not sure.  Maybe next month I will try the salmon, even though that is something I regularly make here.

Have to admit, it was a bit unsettling to see snow on the ground, even though we already had it... had a meeting this morning in Independence (9:30) and going there was slow; not sure if people were scared, there was more ice on the road than expected, but Wallings and the highway moved at a glacial pace.  Then, when I arrived at the Panera in Independence... kiosk-only ordering (and no cash; ok, you could have seen a manager)... oi.  Half of the people seemed to have seemed to have no trouble.  The others were like me and just wanted coffee and had no desire to put a $2 charge on their credit card...I broke and did, hoping the fee is $3 or something.  Anyways, the meeting was fine -- bs session with all of the other district presidents -- but it will be a while before I descend on a Panera again.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/opinion/columns/2022/11/13/thomas-suddes-why-cant-democrats-win-statewide-in-ohio-columbus-election-2022/69631076007/

I have always thought Suddes is sort of an idiot (even among reporters, which says something), but to me, this ices it.  How the hell are Democrats supposed to change?  Running to the left won't help them, and in most cases, the more conservative of their number have already crossed over.  Not really sure where else they can go.  Except away, which would be... wonderful.  

https://www.niskanencenter.org/reclaiming-libertarianism-with-andrew-koppelman/

Quite interesting; I need to read this book, and it would do me well -- aside from the fact that there are 400 other books on the list -- to read Hayek again, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home