Sunday, November 06, 2022

Links

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/03/opinion/democrats-midterms-college.html#commentsContainer

I got a kick out of this, as I so often do about Brooks.  I think he is on to something, but, being a liberal, he is not smart enough to know what it is.. I think the issue is that politics has become a winner take all (and spike the football) affair, and thus, when it happens to you... well, after the name-calling and the demonization, you only want to go back and do it again.  Many people are uneasy with the changes to our country, and their pace...and everyone wants to double down and attack them for it.  That never used to be that way.  And... that is a problem.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/11/04/nets-suspend-kyrie-irving-without-pay-in-wake-of-antisemitic-post

This could be me, but isn't this racism to silence a black man with an unpopular opinion?  More seriously... I guess to me the answer should be "the guy is a moron but he is allowed to have these views, not that anyone should ever endorse them."  Yes, he can be suspended, but does that put the controversy to bed?  I am not sure that it does.  I would imagine the loss in income and mockery is punishment enough.  Certainly, the people who hold similar views as he does will find it easy to believe the worst the next time something happens to him.

I love political ads, but the texts... I can really do without.  I guess this is because I don't mind the commercials (I don't pay attention, and I seldom watch TV besides), but the texts, they pop up, and you never who they came from until you check.  And, 90% of the time it's an ad or a plea for cash.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home