Monday, October 31, 2022

Trolling in Every Sense

 Halloween and as always, no trick or treaters (which is fine).  The houses are far apart, the driveways are long, the street is dark, and the next block down is the complete opposite....  alas.  To be sure, I have never been a Halloween guy -- not into dress up, not into fun, and what's the point of getting candy if you cannot eat it?  In other words, a normal night here -- gym, dinner, J!, and some reading.

J!... the real TOC started today, and the trendy dark-horse pick for Champion (Ryan Long, America's favorite ride-share driver) went down... missed a Daily Double and that was that.  OK, I thought the FJ! was the world's easiest (for obvious reasons), but it wasn't that hard, IMHO.  One thing I do not like about the new format:  no wild cards.  (Yes, I hate each and every change.)  In the old days, there were five and four, so there was some...drama?  Strategery? in the final betting.  Now it is win or go home, which is fine -- it is the TOC, after all, but I liked that about tournament play, that good players could advance anyways.  

So... I got pulled over today.  I was in Brecksville, on the way to the library, and I made an aggressive (not to me) lane change (not that anyone was around for a block), and I certainly didn't signal, and the officer very kindly pulled me over.  No ticket, just a warning, easy as can be... but I was still WTF?  Now, if I had papers or something, or was a minority, I am sure it would have hit the fan, but on the other hand...do Bville cops have nothing else to do but pull over white guys in trucks?  This, of course, would have been funnier if not a couple of weeks ago I was taking my friend Davey (my favorite baristo) home (to Lakewood, grr) from the hospital (air cast on sprained ankle)... I pulled over on the wrong side of the street to help him up the steps, and the local po-po cruised by... had it not been for the crutches, I am sure they would have raised hell, but... Davey is a POC, and does not like cops, and was having a mild panic attack...I assured him that not all cops are racist jerks, and the moment passed, but even I was wondering what on earth some of these guys are thinking.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/i-identify-as-an-american-indian-alito-appears-to-troll-defenders-of-affirmative-action/ar-AA13AuGO?cvid=6c4ff2f9cd4445bf86f38da39d0daa0f
This would have been funnier if he had presented the question to the lawyer for Harvard, but... I was vastly amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home