Friday, October 21, 2022

With the Anointed

 My blogging streak ended last night; I was hanging with a friend, and then another friend texted me for help with some personal issue, so off I went... didn't get home til after midnight, and I wanted to get to bed, because today was a big day...I went to the JD Vance campaign rally with Ted Cruz at the Thirsty Cowboy in Medina.

Anyways, off I went...the place is huge (never been, always heard of it) and not at all hard to get to; off the 18 exit, but two blocks up...so easy in and out.  I got there about 8:45, and the place was...not full, but full in the stage area; I put attendance at 200. Very white and old crowd... FWIW.  Anyways, Jim Renacci, of all people, kicked off the event; I guess he needs a job like anyone else.  This was followed by about 10 minutes of JD Vance, and he was...fine?  He hit the main points -- inflation/economy, crime, and border security, and the crowd seemed to enjoy it.   Then it was Ted Cruz....and he was quite impressive.  He is on some bus tour for GOP candidates, so this is prolly his 40th speech, but... it was pretty funny.  I mean, he made good points, but there were times he had even rolling in laughter -- Hunter Biden being unable to afford crack, for instance.  It was certainly amusing to see all these people in Trump hats cheering him on (and vice-versa, I guess) but on the other hand...Ted might want to run for a national office again (one can hope, tee hee) and this won't hurt.

I decided -- though it was a bit nippy -- to try the line to meet and greet.  I am glad I did, because I got a picture (with me) of both of them... let's just say that I may temporarily revise my policy of sending as few Christmas cards as possible.  It was pretty cool; their staffs took the picture, but they got two snaps of me with the pair, and it was heavenly.

After sending out the pics -- and getting vomit faces from the Jesus haters in my life -- it was back home to work... cleared a bunch of little things off the docket, always good.  Rode extra long on the exercise bike, finishing book 35:  Tin Can Titans, about a squadron of US destroyers in WWII.  My goal of 50 is prolly shot, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home