Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Tin Star

 So, I was channel surfing after J!, and I suddenly discovered that "High Noon" (one of my favorite Westerns) was on, and of course I had to watch.  Now, mind you, they were running a documentary about Carl Foreman (who lost his career) and Elia Kazan (who cooperated with HUAC) and the backstory with the movie (and "On the Waterfront") -- the choices they made and what happened.  My first thought, of course, was that this had better not interfere with my love of "High Noon."  Thankfully, it did not, but one thing I couldn't help but notice -- tacitly avoided, I am sure -- was that a lot of these guys were Communists and few, if any, ever regretted it.  Even after all of the revelations of what the regime was...

Fortunately, the documentary was... mostly fair, and then it was on to the movie, which of course was awesome.  Funny; I was about 30 when I finally figured out the implication of the hotel clerk asking Will Kane if he knew the way to Mrs. Ramirez's room... anyways, the movie really has everyone in it.  Lee Van Cleet is one of the bad guys; a young Lloyd Bridges is Will Kane's young deputy; Harry T. Morgan is one of Will's friends who abandon him, and Sheb Wooley (the coach in "Hoosiers") is Frank Miller's brother.  It's a Baconesque fest!

Anyways, God proceeded to smite me for doubting my love of my favorite Western by giving me an above-the-knee Charley horse exactly 45 seconds after the movie ended.  To be sure, I got it under control, but it really hurt, and it is still a bit tender now...I am not sure why I get them, and certainly above the knee, but it is not fun (not that I don't deserve it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home