Tuesday, October 11, 2022

The Lost Weekend

 So, this past weekend was the Polish Festival, and as always, I was in the thick of it.  I baked 11 trays of brownies (next year it will be 10), I went Thursday to help pre-cook, and went in early Friday and Saturday to help the Polish ladies prepare.  And, of course, I was in the kitchen all weekend, making pierogi (mainly) and helping out with other stuff.  I am...tired.  But, I will admit, things went very smoothly this year -- we have good crews, even if the styles are a bit different -- and in some ways I am just beat to death.  I will probably shower again, and my digestive system is letting me know that it is not used to this, but...I don't feel like I want to die (yet).  As for the Festival itself...it was good, I think.  We had good crowds all weekend -- didn't sell all the food, but not that much left -- and I hope we made decent money.

It was funny... last night, after catching up on J! and getting the laundry done (not a full load, but I don't want that stuff stinking up the house), I was making out my errand list, and hitting the bank was one of them.  Then I was like oh shit, they are closed... oi.  I will survive of course -- stores are open, other things can happen -- but I did want to get change and stuff (I have three dollars on me or so, as I don't need any for the Festival) but that will have to wait.  At least I reminded myself to remind all of my Italian friends to celebrate Indigenous Peoples' Day, which is good enough for laughs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home