Thursday, October 06, 2022

A Series of Unfortunately Petty Events

 My life has been one of constant motion!  Wednesday, of course, the plumber came, saw the old heater, and promptly gave me a quote (and installed) a new one.  I've already mentioned the fiscal carnage -- all of the progress I have made on HELOC reduction was eliminated in one fell swoop -- so all I can say is that for all of the cost... I cannot complain.  Water temperatures have been variable the past few months, and when I finally took a shower this morning... well, it was nice and soothingly hot.  So that is good!

Of course, in the afternoon, the mouse stopped working on my work computer.  Plugging it in to the personal laptop revealed it worked fine, so it was something else... the remote IT guy suggested a cordless Bluetooth mouse (after walking through install and the how it works part).  I got it today, and... it does work.  Quite impressive, actually; I just have to remember to shut it off.

Continuing the theme of minor catastrophes...I cut the grass Wednesday, and it was long overdue and I figured why not, it was a nice day?  Anyways, in the back, one of the old dead trees is now partially uprooted and leaning against a live tree (on my side of the line, thank God), so now I have to that done.  Oi.  More expenses; yes, I could leave it, but I don't like to do that, so.... 

 Made all of the brownies for the Festival Wednesday and today.  I decided to try something new; I made the brownie part for all five sets (each day) all at once -- right after the other -- and then made the frosting and the chocolate topping.  Normally I would make one whole set and then start another... I think this new way is faster and at the least it is more contained.  It did take a while to get it all done, but all sets are made and I can have some leisure, hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home