Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Good Deeds Have Consequences

 So, last night I hung out with a friend who was having some issues...I do wonder why I of all people get these duties, given that I am not exactly compassionate, if you get my drift.  Anyways, all problems are solved -- for now -- and all is good there.  Funny; we were watching South Park from like 2003-2004, and we both commented that many of the episodes -- the giant douche one, the immigrants from the future one, the Wal-Mart one -- all worked now, which is pretty remarkable.

In consequence for my actions, I woke up at 4 AM with a charley horse and felt the lack of sleep all day.  Sigh.  I didn't hit the gym, as I am still limping a bit.  It does usually take a full day or so to recover from one of these things, but yet again I am reminded that I am not exactly a young man anymore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/13/magazine/ron-desantis.html
God, I hope so!  I mean, yes, most political figures are artificially created, one way or another, and I think he is as well... but he is fighting the right battles for the right reasons, and as I like to say, he is certainly more disciplined than Trump.  He will do the rolling, not get rolled.

https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/2022/09/cuyahoga-county-leaders-are-defying-their-bosses-by-forging-ahead-with-toxic-jail-site-and-global-center-boondoggle-leslie-kouba.html
This would be funnier if it weren't for the fact that the PD can't help but always endorse the Dems who do this every time... it doesn't matter on the Dem, of course; the PD slobbers over them and then complains when they do the same crooked stuff that every other Democrat around here does.  I realize, of course, that the PD is also run by Dems, so the case of "Being too stupid to know how stupid you are" applies, so it's not like things are going to change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home