Monday, September 05, 2022

Recovery

 So, I was at a wedding this weekend, and between that and the Sunday Funday festivities...I did not set the clock this morning, and woke up at 9, feeling shitty about it.  It's true, I think; at my age, it's not that you can't do it all the stuff you used to, it's just that the recovery is...longer.  You just don't pop up out of bed.  Yesterday at Mass I genuflected at the pew (knees to the floor!) and I needed to grab the pew and hoist myself... let's not discuss the walk up to the choir loft.  Let's just say there was no two steps at a time at a bound up, if you get my drift.

Didn't see much of the OSU game (and I really didn't ND was #5, FWIW), but... I would think, for an OSU fan, that is what you wanted to see.  The high-porosity defense seems to have been filled (for now), and that is probably better.  I mean, given the talent on the offensive side of the ball, I would think it more likely that tOSU can better win a game by keeping it close and pulling away late.  I am not saying this is Tressel ball, but two teams going down the field at will, the weaker team thinks it can win, whereas this is more...pressure until the dam breaks.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/09/bleak-ohio-restaurant-sales-figures-released-as-cleveland-operators-navigate-industrys-razors-edge.html

Interesting but not surprising.  I mean, on the one hand, the restaurant owners are completely correct -- they have labor shortages, costs are going up, and yes, they have to charge more.  On the other hand...well, at a point, eventually, people will eat out less, or switch down, especially at time when inflation affects everything.  This is simply an economic law, like it or not.  When that happens, you will see less foot traffic, fewer guests, etc.  Restaurants have never been an easy industry, even in the salad days, but now...I suspect more places will go the way of the Chocolate Bar and such going forward, like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home