Thursday, August 25, 2022

Linx

 Been trying to sleep in a little, not sure I am seeing any changes.  Ok; maybe I drank a bit less caffeine today -- and I switched to tea -- but I would not exactly say that I feel refreshed.  Not that I am hitting the sheets earlier, though I did go to bed promptly at 11:30 last night.  And, the reason I switched to tea... my stomach has been rumbly since the Indian/Nepali feast.  My sister has been chiding me that my iron constitution may be a bit rusty, though I blame the heat.  Anyways, I avoided culinary excitement, and I feel somewhat better... my desire for culinary adventure will not be denied, no matter the ailment.

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/why-are-we-in-ukraine/

Interesting; I don't agree with this, of course, but there are some good points here.  Course, if the US won't commit to help defend a fellow democracy, what the hell are we here for?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/for-united-methodists-the-center-is-not-holding/ar-AA10R47I?li=BBnbfcL

I am vastly amused by stuff like this; I mean, what the hell did the expect?  First, of course, the liberals lost their vote and then decided to bail.  Then, of course, they go and create this favorable (to then) plan to stiff the majority parishes of their buildings and pensions.  So, when these churches push back...they bitch even more and try to take the rest of the loaf that left.  Given how liberals always try to take as much as they possibly can, no one is exactly surprised by this... nor should we be surprised that everyone is going to the mattresses.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/23/us/politics/food-insecurity-biden-stimulus.html#commentsContainer

I read the comments -- I sometimes do that -- and I was fascinated by the responses.  Some of them saying people should be eating meatless diets, others saying they should be cooking... what surprised me was the number of people complaining about the aid -- that it was meant to be temporary, that people should be working, that sort of thing.  I mean, for the NYT...that was a surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home