Thursday, August 18, 2022

Leisurely Pursuits

 So, met my sister for dinner tonight... we have been trying to meet every month since Mom died, and so far so good.  I mean, we get along quite well, but sometimes it is just nice to shoot the shit.  It was my turn to pick, and I chose Antonio's -- the one by the remnants of Parmatown.  It was quite good!  It was funny, we both hadn't been there in decades, which was why I wanted to go (I even put it on my restaurant list)... the service was a bit off, but there was a good crowd, and they seemed a server short, and, honestly, we had nowhere else to go.  I had the lasagna; solid choice, good sauce, decent size portion.  My sister had a pizza -- I had a sliver, and it was a bit kicky for me (buffalo ranch) but good.  It was funny... I take food pictures for friends from church, and my sister showed me a Tiktok -- remember how, before cell phones, you took pictures of dinner, and then ran to Fotomat to get them developed? I was amused by that one.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/16/conservative-nonprofit-midterms-00052081

This is hilarious!  I hope we can see some of these in Ohio.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone/2022/tournament-champions?j=731255&sfmc_sub=21329342&l=29_HTML&u=24781755&mid=6403989&jb=268

This is...interesting.  First, I like the idea of expanding the bracket -- if there are enough good contestants, why not?  Seeding the big winners with automatic bye?  Awesome!  The second chance games...well, maybe.  I mean, I guess this is a replacement from the old wild cars format, and in some ways it works better -- scores are important and all, and in a tournament like this, good players will still lose -- but they are still around.

The Deshaun Watson story continues to amuse me; now, of course, he is suspended for 11 games (back in time for the Texans) and a minimal fine.  He, in turn, has largely walked back his apology.  Again, this could be me, but if he was really innocent, he would be fighting this more, but this does save him all the money, which is more important.  Almost as amusing:  all of the comments about the Browns being a tone-deaf franchise.  This is a team that went 0-16, is owned by a guy who tried to cheat truckers, and has a new coach every year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home