Thursday, August 11, 2022

Respite

 So, last night a friend came over -- concerned about relapsing and dealing with stress -- and I spent most of the night talking him down and out (Mission Accomplished).  So, of course, tonight, another friend was having some issues, so I hauled ass to the west side (the far west side, not Parma!) to take a walk and hear him out and provide -- as best as I can -- some clarity, and, dare I say, compassion.  Anyways, aside from the wonder that anyone would want to use me for these sorts of things, there is the fact that my plans for a quiet evening at home have been -- for the past two nights -- gone up in smoke.  Alas.  

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/08/15/state-legislatures-are-torching-democracy

Interesting?  I mean, I agree that this is a problem, but -- as the article demonstrates -- Democrats were the ones who started this, and for them to now say this is an issue...well, that takes an enormous amount of chutzpah, even for them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/03/magazine/claremont-institute-conservative.html

Also interesting.  I have been interested in the "Flight 93" essay, mainly because when I think about it what it represents, and it what it has actually brought to us...

Funny, sort of...woke up slightly earlier than I expected to, but then rather to go to bed, I decided to stay up and be a bit productive.  I was, but I am feeling it today...lo, how the mighty have fallen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home