Sunday, July 31, 2022

Concerts

 So. Friday night I went to see A Day to Remember at Nautica... I have never seen them -- it has been a while since they were in town -- and as they are one of my favorites...well, I couldn't resist.  It was awesome; getting there was a traffic catastrophe, so I missed the first band, but the other two -- Beartooth and The Ghost Inside -- were pretty solid; I may have to check them out more extensively.  ADTR was...incredible.  Played a long set -- over an hour -- and aside from the fact that I couldn't get any video from the rambunctious crowd... they rocked out hard.  Have said it once, said it again...the older I get, the harder I rock.  

Anyways, due to the traffic catastrophe getting out of the Flats, I decided to meander around (lots of people, lots of cops) and I discovered the Harbor Inn.  Never been, and it was on my list of places to visit... I went in.  It was...nice?  I mean, it's just an old dive bar, but it seemed nice and friendly -- eclectic mix of people in there.  If I had been around for my grandfather's bar, it would have reminded me of that.

So yesterday...I was chilling at home, planning a night of double gym day and catching up on some work...when a friend called.  He had an extra ticket to Elton John, and some transportation difficulties... and would I like to go?  So...on the one hand, no, on the other hand, how often do you get to see Elton John (despite my jokes he will do a tour next year)...so there I was, hauling ass to Lakewood to pick up my friend.  

And it was...fine?  I mean, it's not quite my favorite genre, but...I guess he did have some good songs, and while I am not quite a fan of the stadium appearance...it's not like I was paying for the tickets.  I am glad I went, mostly...it was funny; I had planned on parking west of downtown, but my friend was convinced you could park closer.  Once I stopped laughing, and he saw the $50 spots by the stadium...we ended up at E. 21st for $10.  Fine...except, of course, when it was time to go home, and we had to cross downtown (and the traffic) to get back to Lakewood...I told my friend I don't want to hear about his carbon footprint...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home