Thursday, July 14, 2022

Travels and Travails

 Interesting day.  Starting with the latest.  I was supposed to meet some friends at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel fest for dinner, but they baled -- COVID, I get it -- so I went their myself.  This was largely fine; I mean, much as I may hate walking 900 miles around Gordon Square, I am a fatass, so it's not the worst.  Anyways, the meatball sub was decent (I was starving; late dinner) and I ordered food to go.  I soon realized -- in the car, of course -- that they forgotten my cannoli (nor was the gun left) and that the pasta container was loose, so my bag of stuff was covered in the santorum of pasta sauce.  Oi.  On the one hand, I always get screwed (or they try to) at the Greek Fest in North Royalton when I go, so maybe I got that out of the way.  On the other... well, the pasta was pretty good, and if I can't afford an extra $5 for an urban ethnic parish...maybe I should just sit down and enjoy dinner. 

Earlier in the day I went out to Our Lady of Hope to see their food pantry in operation/visit the empire/meet the team.  It was quite nice -- very efficient operation.  They don't serve quite the volume of people we do at the OC, which is a good sign, if you will, but they seemed to have the proper Vincentian spirit, and they were all quite kind to me.  As always, I have a pageful of notes and ideas....

Finished off the Guelzo book (22) and started another.  As I have read two this week and will add about 6 this weekend to the list, I hardly find this a raging success...but it is progress of a sort.  Sort of like my bookmark list; a few days ago it was nearly empty, and now there are a dozen things on it, at least.   Oi...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home