Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Mattie Makes a Trip

 Jesus...it has been four days since I posted.  Busy weekend, of course -- not that I minded, and then yesterday I worked and helped a friend pack for his move (to CA, of all places); sad to see him go, but he found a new and better job (though as he noted, given what it costs to live out there...).  Anyways, got in late last night and crashed.  Oi.

In the meantime, the world -- despite the end of Roe v. Wade -- has gone on; the sun rises and sets, Pinkerton does not return, people got up and went to work, the Earth did not crash into the Sun, that sort of thing.  Imagine that.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/06/27/more_than_1m_voters_switch_to_gop_in_warning_for_dems_147806.html

Interesting.  Not sure what to make of it; yes, some of it is Democrats crossing over, a la Operation Chaos, but I suspect most of this is general enthusiasm for the GOP (or at least they are tired of Democrats).  Now, it does depend where these people are for them to be of any use (politically speaking)...  but I can't help but think this is good for the GOP; new blood, more enthusiasm... I hope some of them are in Ohio; Vance has yet to get on the air, which is a problem, as Ryan is not holding back; I think we could say he is defining himself, which is a concern.  

Visited the SVDP ministry at St. Aloysius today; it is in the heart of Glenville and is a majority African-American parish... never been to that part of town, but it is a nice church and they have an impressive ministry.  Today was hot meal distribution -- drive through for now -- and it was nice; they made a decent meal and gave it out, though, of course, they had their share of "problem" clients (I joked they had cousins in the Village).  I also got a tour of their food pantry, which was quite an impressive set up.  I was glad to see and meet everyone, actually, given that I said I would, and it just added to my list of ideas to work on for future ministry efforts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home