Saturday, June 11, 2022

Rest and reset

 So...today was fairly...uneventful?  Woke up a bit later than usual (not really), had a nice leg day in the AM, did some errands, had lunch, came home...and had a FOUR hour nap in the afternoon.  I mean, I needed the sleep, and with the cold and all a little extra rest is good...but I had planned on being more productive with my day.  Anyways, I caught up on some crap, hit the gym -- lifted, always good, to say nothing of the extra cardio -- and then came home, where I watched (don't judge me) "The Great Mouse Detective."  It was pretty good!  Cute, dare I say?  I mean, almost canonical, if you will; couldn't use the stuff (prolly too cheap to get it from the Doyle estate) but close enough.  

In the meantime, that not done today will have to be tackled tomorrow; food pantry stuff -- budget, notes, new programs to add.  Oi.  I mean, this is long-term stuff, in some ways, but we all know I love to have 30 balls in the air at once.  Besides, I do need a new windmill to tilt at, and it's not like the usual summer romance plan goes anywhere, so...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/10/ruth-bader-ginsburg-retire-legacy-00038638

hahahaha!  As a feminist, I am appalled by this retroactive effort to take away RBG's freedom of choice!  Ok, more seriously, I would imagine that 1) she miscalculated her lifespan (like everyone else does) and 2) maybe she just liked her job, and didn't want to quit?  I mean, in those cases, it's usually more fatal to quit than to keep working, so I cannot blame her for her choice there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home