Wednesday, June 01, 2022

A long hiatus

 No blogging for three days?  I guess I didn't....the long weekend was nice, sort of; didn't exactly rest up, or watch any other movies, but I did catch up on work, hung out with some friends, and generally chilled, so it wasn't awful. The weather was beautiful -- it is hotter now, I think -- and at least I made sure to walk around.  I do need to clean the house, catch up on the book and movie pile laying around, and do 100 other things.  I also have a bday coming up, which has added to my malaise, as it always does...

https://www.si.com/college/2022/05/31/former-penn-swimmer-lia-thomas-didnt-transition-competitive-advantage

I got a kick out of this, mainly because...well, I know they are journalists, and thus not quite the brightest, but what the hell did they think she would say? "I did it?"  Oi.  I listened to it, and it was mainly a softball -- again, not expected -- but I do wonder what will happen if this keeps going, or, better yet, a bunch of men start identifying as women and start competing in (and winning) women's sports.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-white-house-adrift-rcna30121

This, of course, amuses me even more... again, I wonder GOPers -- there are plenty of Senators who might want to run for President, for instance -- never go around and ask people (especially Democrats and reporters) where is all the decency and competence that they campaigned on and bragged about?  Hell, the ads would write themselves, and this could be used up and down the campaign chain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home