Monday, May 23, 2022

Back in the Saddle

 Not much to report this weekend, as I mainly caught up on some work...not that I needed to, but I wanted to get some shit done.  Alas.  Not very exciting.  That and watching the grass grow -- it's true that it grows fastest after the first cut.  Oi. Tomorrow I can handle it, and then we will start anew again.  Alas.

Didn't sleep much this weekend -- a bunch of reasons -- and I am feeling it today; should nod off early, but probably will not.  I did do a gym double today -- lifted this morning, legs in the PM -- but due to low blood sugar, no cardio...so I am also feeling that.  Alas.  I should go out for a stroll this evening, but... I do have things to do inside.  

The TV was settled, sort of; Best Buy basically gave me a new TV. and someone will come Wednesday to hook it up; I could, theoretically, but...these things tend to end poorly, if you get my drift.  So there will be a small charge for that, but... not too bad.  I was impressed by the collection of arcade games they had in the front of the store; for $500 you could take home Pac-Man, TMNT... etc.  I will admit I was...tempted.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000180-ef3a-d1a7-abf1-efbe16530000

Oh, I don't know...did people really think that the early days of "competence" would continue?  I mean, the guy was known as the dumbest guy in Washington for decades; did anyone really think he got any smarter in the interim?  The real issue, of course -- certainly not one to be explored by the press -- is to how any Democratic voter thought that he would be an improvement; certainly, one must consider their intelligence...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/05/20/cherie-westrich-alt-rock-gen-x-maga-00033769

The Rentals?  "Friends of P?" I loved that song when it came out!  What a joyous memory!  More seriously... are we really that surprised by this?  I was not raised by Baby Boomers, but many of my peers were, and given their... foibles, to put it politely, is anyone really surprised that we turned out the opposite, to some great extent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home