Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A lack of progress

 I went to bed somewhat early-ish last nite, but didn't sleep well and then woke up with low blood sugar, so...right back we are started.   The new TV and install person is supposed to come this morning, so that will solve that first world problem.  In other first world problems...few days ago I bought two large jars of Jif (coupons!)...well, lo and behold, they are on the recall list.  Oops.  Back to the store, I guess...I do eat a lot of peanut butter (I should eat nothing else, honestly) so it is good that I caught it, but...

Interesting results from the primaries.  Did anyone expect Kemp and Raffensburger to run up the scores like they did in GA?  I did not.  Boozman cruised to re-election in his primary; normally I wouldn't care, but a lot of money was spent to save his seat, which could have been better used elsewhere...  Mo Brooks held on in Alabama, barely; can he rebound next time?  I doubt it, but...  I guess my take is that while yes Donald Trump had a bad day, it was also...expected (maybe not to the extent he expected) and thus... I don't exactly think this is going to change the trajectory of his rebound campaign.  A few more losses, maybe; places like MO, though, are a long way away...

The Dwayne Haskins revelations... I don't know; I am for openness and transparency and all...on the other hand, it does seem like they are slamming the guy after his demise.  To be sure, he was doing drugs and drunkenly wandering home from a night out (it appears) with a lady not his wife... but what is the point of putting all that out there?  Giving some comfort to the driver who hit him?  A reminder to people to be alert?  I realize if this stuff was NOT released people would be equally irate over the secrecy, but I couldn't but feel a tinge of sadness reading the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home