Saturday, May 28, 2022

Avoiding Responsibilities

 So, I meant to blog last nite but crashed during "Twelve O'Clock High," which indicates the depths of my drowsiness, as I love that movie...one of the few to show the mental cost of war.  Solid acting, action off-screen...quite underrated, I think, even now.  Anyways, this past night and the night before I didn't exactly sleep well -- not sure why -- so the eight hour rest is a long memory.  Alas.

This morning I slept in and met an old friend for coffee...odd; one of the few times this year I have had a Saturday morning -- or a whole Saturday, for that matter -- to myself, and it was glorious, catching up on old times and having a delicious caffeinated beverage.  I don't know why I don't do this more, aside from having to give up any of the other 20 things I have to do.  Course, I could marry (never the mind the no woman -- or man, nowadays -- is dumb enough to marry me factor) and have kids and completely eliminate all of this in one fell swoop...

Yesterday I watched "News of the World," the Tom Hanks Western.  It was pretty good!  It was a standard tale -- man finds lost girl, taken from whites by Indians, who are in turn killed by whites, and thus this girl is a double orphan with little knowledge of her past...  and the story revolves around trying to get her "home" to her surviving relatives.  Had some action, didn't memorialize the past, throw in some modern moralizing for post-Civil War Texas...  but it was good.  I certainly need to get back into the movie-watching frame, pardon the pun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home