Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Progress great and small

 Behold the Christmas miracle today!  I was surfing the TV Guide when I realized that "Bless Their Little Hearts" (a film on the NFR) was playing on TCM tonight...so I fired up the coffee and watched.  It was ok -- it's an African-American film from the 80s about a factory worker whose life is collapsing.  I am not quite the target audience, but the languid pace served it well, I think.  The camera work was also impressive; you could see in the little details how things were slowly unraveling.  Wasn't the best, wasn't the worst...795.  One takes what progress one can get.

Did a gym double today -- chest in the AM, legs in the PM -- and it felt good.  Even did a double of cardio, which was good for the reading.  Finished the Holmes pastiche -- decent, but a little long -- and started Guelzo's Reconstruction: A Concise History (which is what it is).  I guess I should read any of the other dozen longer books he has done on the subject.  I love listening to him on some of the various Civil War talks I listen to during the day; his sonorous voice could make the phone book seem scintillating.

https://www.outkick.com/bill-burr-rips-feminists-for-not-supporting-wnba-none-of-you-went-to-the-fing-games/

Hahahaha.  I have made this point many a time, often to "birthing people," and of course they look at me like I am insane.  Which, I am, but if women don't support women's sports...why should I have to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home