Monday, July 11, 2022

First World Disappointments

 Met a friend for dinner at Blue Habanero today.  Yes, I had already been, but he had not (nor does he know how much I love Gordon Square) and so there we were.  It was... ok?  My dinner was a bit spicy, and the rice portion was a lot larger than that of the meat.  Service was spotty, too; I had to literally beg for refills, which was more problematic, given the old spicy factor...  Alas.  At least parking was only crappy -- it was a Monday, after all.  I will try to steer our next rendezvous to someplace more suburban, with little hope of success...

https://www.steynonline.com/12632/this-butcher-yard-michael-caine-and-zulu

You know, I love this movie!  I mean, I know it is problematic now, but... it's like Bunker Hill, but if the colonists had 1/10 the men and the British had three times as many.  Who doesn't love the "Dewey Defeats Truman" or "Rocky" story?  The acting is solid, the story is...well, inspirational, and it is just a tale of pluck and courage against incredible odds.  

Speaking of love, who doesn't find the latest Elon Musk caper to be hilarious?  Now he doesn't want to buy the company he thought was so worthy of his expert attention?  They can sue him to force him to go through with the sale?  Not that anyone loves a lawyer fight, but this one will make the Theranos trial seem like tiddlywinks.

I ordered some books and a movie on the NFR from the library today...and that is a problem, as it is the last one in the Ohiolink system that I can find (and access).  A few are in the system but local use only, which is a damn shame...  Anyways, I can peruse youtube aggressively to find a few, but the rest I will have to catch as catch can, or purchase... and we all know how I feel about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home