Sunday, July 17, 2022

Antics

 I've decided my Saturdays are way too busy, and also that this is unlikely to change...I was supposed to meet friends for lunch, but forgot about a Christening...oops.  Oi.  It wasn't too bad; an afternoon in Tremont is wonderful, especially when you get in and out of there with dignity, wallet, and car windows intact.

I did have a free Sunday, which was nice.  I finished the book I was reading -- combat vignettes about WWI -- which is good, as we need to start polishing more off.  Met a friend for coffee, ate some leftovers, played with the budget; this is a thing, as Friday I had the issue of the "check engine" light solved -- two sensors, $800.  Yeech.  I mean, I can afford it, and one cannot drive around with the thing on, but... all of the progress made on debt reduction has been erased.  Alas.

I did go to the St. Paul's Greek Festival today with a friend... it was good, but the prices...yowza.  $15 for a lamb shank entree -- no sides -- and one of those was $4.  The rice pudding was $4 (and a decent portion), but at this pace, I am not sure I will be racing back next year.  My friend also noted that the back parking lot was (using my phrase, I love that) a WWI battlefield, so the Behemoth is now the official travel vehicle of such fest.

One of my (new) coworkers suggested I watch "Something Ventured," a look at the role of venture capital in funding and growing some of America's greatest and most famous companies.  It was interesting; the concept was quite new in the 50s and 60s (news to me), but I would have liked to have heard more about the misses --  there are far more of them, both in terms of companies that did not return their investments and companies that made it anyways.... that would have more exciting, to me at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home