Monday, July 25, 2022

Catching Up

 Quite the hiatus in blogging -- and not intentional, I assure you.  Saturday I just sort of caught up on stuff and chilled.  Sunday was quite nice; after Mass and gym I did some chores -- cleaned the basement bathroom (why do I let the shower go so long?), moved stuff -- all is ready for the plumbing crew to go in and fix everything there.  I even completed a couple of minor paperwork projects -- not exactly huge, but good to see a couple of paper piles disappear.  Even took a brief nap!  The productivity ended when a friend called me and invited me to dinner -- he made fish and pasta (new dish) and since the wife was out...he invited everyone else in his life.  And it was a good time; good chow and interesting conversation, what could be better?  The only downside was my friend just finished a 650-page book on Russian history, and offered it to me to read, given I love the subject... as I have a shelf full of books, I will work it in, but...  oi.  I did finish The London Cage Sunday, which discussed the British efforts to get info out of German POWs during the war.  Good read.  24!

Today I went with a former co-worker to see "Nope," the Jordan Peele film.  It was...ok?  Good?  Not quite my genre, and I had incredibly low expectations about the film going in, and it was...enjoyable enough?  I wouldn't go Logan Paul about it, but it was...fine.  Humorously, we went to the Capitol Theatre, to which I had not been.  It was $5 night, but considering my drive...well, you get the drift.  The place is nice -- old, you can imagine how grand it would have been back in the day, but now... well, honestly. it was nice to see a film in traditional settings -- no lean back vibrating rotating seats, that sort of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home