Sunday, July 31, 2022

Off the cliff

 Since I have been remiss in posting, I may as well do a double today...quite quiet actually.  Rested -- low blood sugar meant no cardio (up two pounds, ugh), but that is probably good -- I woke up about 2 last night and I could feel my upper calf getting a charley horse.  Obviously, two days of concerts standing around and not drinking much had affected me.  Normally, I would jerk my leg and risk the cramp, but this I was able to clamp down on the muscle, get out of bed, drink some water, and walk it off, so to speak.  It was tender for a bit but this morning, it seems, all is normal -- though I have tried to stay more than hydrated to be safe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/us/arizona-republican-primary.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20220727&instance_id=67796&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=31060267&segment_id=99757&user_id=f914b0e213c5e2b4265494b6d07fe88f

I find this fascinating; even in AZ -- home of Barry Goldwater and John McCain, two varying strains of conservatism -- we see this populism taking hold.  Again, I like it, but it is certainly causing strains in our party.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/28/alito-mocks-foreign-critics-of-ruling-00048607

This is awesome...I remember in the movie "Jesus Camp" how they had all of the kids in the camp line up and pray in front of a cardboard cutout of W (who would have one of those?) and pray that he would choose the right justice...well, I think we can say that those prayers were answered.

https://www.outkick.com/cleveland-guardians-struggling-to-attract-fans-ratings-after-name-change/

Interesting... on the one hand, attendance is up over the COVID era, but... it's down quite a but since 2019.  And, if this is to be believed, the TV ratings are down.  In both cases, it's... well, not quite precipitous.  Now, of course, no one in the city's media community is going to ask them about it -- much less even ask a tough question, but -- a drop of double digits in TV ratings and attendance is sort of a big deal.  Mind you, I am certainly NOT surprised by this; in my circle of family and friends, interest in the clevelandbaseballteam is practically zero...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home