Thursday, August 04, 2022

First Loser

 Pub Quiz at the Rustic Grill again, where we came in...second.  Alas.  Not too bad -- there were only three of us, and a couple of the rounds were not favorable to us.  The questions are a bit easy, but it was fun, the food isn't bad, and we had a server who kept the diet coke flowing, so I was in love.  I wouldn't mind trying a new place, or another place in addition to this one, but... maybe once is enough.

This could be me, but... 1) Deshaun Watson's suspension -- six games -- is a gift, and he should be glad to get it.  Yet 2) the NFL is appealing.  Odd choice.  This could be me, but I would think they would want this to go away ASAP... maybe, of course, they want a stronger suspension to make it appear that they are serious about this, but if they really were, they would have wanted him gone for good.

https://www.businessinsider.com/constitutional-convention-conservatives-republicans-constitution-supreme-court-2022-7

Hmm...this could be me, but if we are going to let the voters decide abortion rights, we really can't complain if they want the voters in the states to decide on a new constitution (or a revised one).  The other thing is that I could easily see them pick up another 5 or 6 states if they applied themselves, in which case... would more GOP and leaning states demand a new constitution, or would it be like the ERA, stopping at the precipice?  I really do not know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home