Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Wistfulness

 Big day yesterday...went to the Sad Summer tour -- eight pop punk (and related genres) bands, an all day affair at the Jacobs Pavilion.  I stayed the whole time -- I wanted to make sure I saw all of the bands I liked, like Mayday Parade and Neck Deep -- and it did sort of have a Warped Tour vibe, without the heatstroke and all.  I was definitely feeling it this morning, but still managed to lift, which felt good.  I mean, there will come a time when I do not enjoy this sort of thing, but that day has not yet come.

Today I went out to Chardon to get grandma's rocking chair from my aunt and uncle, and decided to stop at Bistro on the Square... it was pretty good.  I went with the pork chop ($26), which was coated in a maple glaze, carmelized apples, and sitting on a bed of mashed potatoes and green beans.  The glaze was delicious and the pork chop and apples were cooked perfectly, so I was quite pleased.  I even picked up dessert -- cherry pistachio topping on vanilla bean cheesecake.  It was also good, though... a bit too much of everything?  Maybe the pistachios were too much.  

When I got home and put the rocker in the house, I realized something...I might be the last one to remember Grandma Elsie; I am the youngest of the first generation of cousins, and all of their children were born after she died... funny thing, I don't remember all that much about her, either; I was only six or seven when she passed.  She was also nice to me, but they were quite old and frail, if I recall -- the downside of the late in life baby, I guess.  Anyways, it was nice to sit in Grandma's rocker -- reminded me of old times, back when I was a kid... followed by another morbid thought of what I am going to do with all of this stuff when it comes time to shuffle off this mortal coil.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/democrats-should-hang-their-heads-in-shame-for-helping-oust-principled-republican/ar-AA10gBT5?li=BBnbfcL--

Of all the things Democrats have to hang their heads in shame for... this is it?

https://gizmodo.com/butchered-mammoth-bones-new-mexico-1849365357

This is pretty cool...37,000 years, though, would really blow up the accepted theories of North American settlement.  To say nothing of robbing me of my usual jokes about how global warming has never shaped humanity....ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home