Sunday, August 14, 2022

An Eruption of Dust

 Busy day and weekend.  Yesterday was food pantry duty and it was...good.  We were a bit short-handed, especially in the packing area, but we survived.  Odd -- we had a few periods when NO ONE was there, and then we had like 8 cars (often with multiple people) all at once, so the equilibrium was a little off, but we got through it.  We didn't get a lot of produce and extra stuff, which was fine, as we gave away everything that we did have.  The clothing racks were put out and a lot of stuff went.  Also, the pile of toys in the clothing storage were ours to give out (no one ever tells us these things, oi) so I put out several boxes; we tried to limit what people could take because, of course, if we don't, some people would take everything and... well, as I like to say, for Hope and Changers, they really don't seem to get the concept of Their Fair Share.  Shock.

https://time.com/6205084/phonics-science-of-reading-teachers/

This could be me, but.. if we have a teacher shortage, but the teachers are running doing this -- cutting out phonics training for "social justice" -- then good, because I don't want these people anywhere near my, or anyone's, children.  Ever.

Today I got home and devoted some time to housecleaning.  I vacuumed yesterday and again today; I think I need a new one, as I suspect it is more pushing dirt around on the carpet (which also needs replacement).  Anyways, I did empty the container (two-thirds) full and cleaned out the filter; I get the sense I need to do this a few more times. Then I dusted everything, dry-swept the floors, and even found a spot to put both of Mom's tables in the living room.  There is now no more room for any furniture but so be it... I also realized I need to get another bookcase (at least) and a display case for the bobbleheads and baseball whatnots I have accumulated (at least that collection will not be growing in the near future).  I also need to figure out where to put these new pieces of furniture, but baby steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home