Monday, August 22, 2022

To the Belly of the Beast

 Crashed hard yesterday and woke up late (no gym double), which did not make me happy, for a number of reasons, even though I do need to catch up on rest -- even strangers say I look tired.  This, of course, also makes me unhappy.  Anyways, good and busy day -- the usual multitude of projects, the usual Monday meetings, that sort of thing.  Had our quarterly food pantry Board meeting, which was fine -- a bit long, but good; planning for the winter starts now, sad to say.  I mean, we will have fall clothing drives and blanket Sunday collections to account for, figuring out freezer space for the Turkey Day and Xmas dinners, to say nothing of the usual stuff -- van. food orders, budget, getting stuff fixed -- that we need to discuss and prepare for.  To say nothing of East District President stuff, which often overlaps.  That is another pile of work needing attention.

Yesterday I met some of Team Eleven and went to the Greek Fest in the PSRCH... had not been in a while, and you know how I feel about getting out of the house.  It was quite good -- better than the one in North Royalton -- and I spent less to get more food.  I had Greek-style beef stew with rice and green beans (I really should figure out how they make their green beans) and rice pudding (sans raisins, alas).  Plus it was good to stay and catch up with friends...aside from having to go to the PSRCH.  At least the Opportunity Corridor reduces travel times...as long as the denizens over there do not descend upon my nice part of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home