Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Angst

 So, Tuesday night I just crashed... it was a good day, but as always I was just exhausted.  Today was... stressful.  Lots of meetings at work, pivoted to some new and important projects, and, to top it off...my Internet crashed before an important meeting.  It came back on in time, but...oi.  I didn't need that with everything else that went on today.  Then I had a nice workout at the gym (cardio cancelled due to low blood sugar, gr), dinner, Dr. Pimple Popper, and...running the vacuum.  Trying to do it a couple of times a week now, as I do notice the difference.  Yes, the carpet needs to go -- and I am thinking sooner rather than later -- but it is also good practice when I change the carpet (something darker).

Yesterday I had my haircut in Lakewood and since I was in the area I decided to try Dave's Hot Chicken.  I think I was more pleased to find a close parking spot, but... it was good not great?  I ordered the basic meal deal, which has two pieces of fried chicken (sauce to taste), fries, bread, special sauce, and some pickles.  The chicken was decent, the sauce... a bit too spicy for my taste.  The special sauce was good; much better than Raising Cane's (IMHO) and it did neutralize the heat.  I think I will eventually try Hot Chicken Takeover to see which I prefer...  my culinary tourism can be a bit quotidian...

I definitely want to do some cleaning or organizing this weekend; I mean, I will be busy, but I keep finding mini-messes and piles that I could handle, at least in an hour... I should probably de-crap some stuff, but I am young enough that I don't need to.  I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home