Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday Funday

 OC duty yesterday -- last Saturday of the month.  It was good.  Fairly smooth, efficient volunteers, slightly small but usual crowd for the end of the month.  The produce pickup was a little small so we were able to give it all away -- fruit, veggies, bread, even the little bit of milk.  We are off next week, so... nothing can rot, and the pickups we make mid-week we can store.  In the clothing room...stuff is bare; we are down to three racks of clothes (more are coming, for better or worse).  Hell, we also gave away an additional four boxes of toys that are in the storage area.  Not that this is an objective measure of success, but having less crap than what we started with is... good.

Today was fairly productive -- Mass, gym (definitely need to do some doubles this week), cut the grass (probably should have weed-whacked, too), and then some work on a big project.  I know, of course, HR will be appalled by this, but... I do want to get stuff done, and it is important.  This week will be busy (as it always is) so this isn't the worst thing in the world.

Is it me, or is the Matt Araiza story... well, I am not saying anything as to whether or not he did the crimes of which he has been approved.  But... has he been found guilty?  No.  Hell, he hasn't even been charged.  (I am aware of the many bad things going around SDSU and its football team, but...)  So the Bills cut him?  Maybe this is a good thing, but I cannot help but think we are developing a two-tier system of justice:  one for people accused of sexual assault, where one is automatically guilty, and another, where you can commit any crime (up to assault and grand larceny), and be back on the street overnight.  I realize Democrats want to re-establish old precedents, which leads me to believe that "separate but equal" might be back on the table.  

https://slate.com/human-interest/2022/08/shia-labeouf-catholicism-conversion-latin-mass-scandal-explained.html
I had to read this one twice.  One, because of who it is.  Two... this is what brought him to the faith?  I mean, I am all for this, but... odd.  I couldn't help but note that it is Slate (soon to be followed by Vox) that is surprised by the interest in the TLM and what it represents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home