Thursday, September 01, 2022

Game Change

 So, here I am, sitting at the kitchen table, blogging away... not in the bedroom where my laptop has traditionally been situated.  Why?  Because today I entered the 21st century and got WiFi at Chateau Mattie.  Yesterday I decided not to fuck around with the internet outages and called for the techs to set it up.  To be sure, there were some problems -- they set it up and I could log in with the personal laptop, but not the work one, and then when they reset the system, the upgraded TV package box blew, so they had to do it again...but eventually all systems were go.  And...it's pretty glorious.  Faster Internet, more channels, and, of course... I can be anywhere in the house.  The guy did move the outside box up a bit and upgrade the lines, but he assured me that now...the signals are very powerful.  So here we are.  I have been getting shit upon for my Luddism from friends and family, but... I deserve every minute of it, of course.

https://ourbuiltenvironment.substack.com/p/americas-affordable-housing-problem

Long but interesting.  I think I agree with most of it; of course, there is the matter of intent.  But the general thrust... build more housing, of all types, is the best.  I do believe that people follow Gresham's Law, so we should be careful about who we move where; I guess my years of food pantry experience has shown me that many of these people do NOT belong in my neighborhood, for a bunch of reasons... or, more tactfully, implicit in high property taxes and values are actual values that residents expect to be maintained.

https://washingtonstand.com/news/thats-how-you-get-away-with-it-liberal-principal-admits-discriminating-against-religious-teachers
Hahahaha!  That said...I bet this guy keeps his job, or at least retires with pension, benefits, etc., because unions and such, and they certainly agree with him, explicitly and implicitly.  In the meantime, GOPers should be running ads off this, if they were smart, but...you know what I say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/30/opinion/why-anthony-faucis-covid-legacy-is-a-failure.html?campaign_id=2&emc=edit_th_20220831&instance_id=70677&nl=todaysheadlines&regi_id=31060267&segment_id=102818&user_id=f914b0e213c5e2b4265494b6d07fe88f
When the NYT has turned on Dr. Fauci...you know it's something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home