Friday, September 09, 2022

Awake and Awoke

 I crashed the last two nights -- not sure why I am so tired, aside from getting up in the morning and going to bed late.  :)  Anyways, I have some low blood sugar, so while I wait for it to rebound...I may as well write.  The big news, of course, is the death of the Queen.  Not exactly unexpected -- she was 96 -- but as with most things... well, she was certainly a force.  As John Wayne said about Queen Victoria in "The Shootist," they never took away her dignity.  Now, of course, we have King Charles III and Queen-Consort Camilla.  Sigh, as we say.

This low blood sugar is becoming a thing; I mean, it drops when I work out, so I can't/don't want to risk cardio, so I can't read or ride the bike, and then I feel fat.  I did take a three-mile walk Wednesday night around here, and it felt...glorious.  It gets dark early (ok, earlier) now, and in the AM... not so bright.  Anyways, it was wonderful to stretch the legs.  The sidewalks are a little uneven in some places, but other than that, I had a good steady pace.  I should do this more often!

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/09/06/that-time-john-fetterman-grabbed-a-shotgun-and-chased-down-an-unarmed-black-jogger-n1627111

I forgot about this story, but...it is interesting; I strongly suspect that if a GOPer did this, he would have been hounded out of office six days after the incident, but... down the memory hole.  Until now.  I would LOVE if Dr. Oz made a comment to the effect that Tim Scott -- or Jim Clyburn --- should be careful walking around the Capitol with a guy like that around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home