Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Night Delights

 So, I am sitting here at the kitchen table, surfing the 'Net (thanx to WiFi), and it is glorious.  I am making a seven-layer jello -- just finished mixing layer five.  To be sure, it's been a while since I made one, and I forgot how long it takes, which meant that I tried to rush a couple of layers... we can do that on the bottom, but not for the stop, so... I have to make sure everything cures.  Of course, I have nothing but time tonight, so...  why the hell not?

In the meantime, I finished the book I was reading (Forged by Fire, about Sherman's March to the Sea; I think this is 32), completed some shipments data for the OC, went through some other paperwork... one nice thing about the process is that one has plenty of time to do other stuff.  I have a couple more minor errands and such to do while this settles, and... well, at least I will be feeling doubly productive.  

If I were a betting man, I would say that Sacramento will be the next stop for the busload of migrants.  And I will laugh.  This fight between DeSantis and Newsom -- if a potential preview of 2024 -- is fairly epic, and I suspect, encouraged by all around them.  Biden probably prefers this fight to be fought by someone else, and Trump...well, much as he dislikes avoiding a fight, it does limit the heat on him, so... maybe it's not the worst for him.  Funny; Greg Abbott in TX started all of this, and he seems not to get the credit or the blame.  Maybe it is the wheelchair, or maybe he is just concentrating on being Governor, but one would think a Texan would be a place to look for the GOP in 2024...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home