Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Invasion

 I didn't sleep well (or long) last night, and I should be in bed now, but... it was Dr. Pimple Popper night, and then I watched the intro to the Johnny Carson rerun (I am just old enough to get the cultural references, and the political jokes, sadly, are still relevant now), and then I took -- third night in a row -- a nice three mile stroll around the block.  To be sure, my blood sugar crashed after and I snacked up, negating the walk, but... it is good that I am doing this.  It was a bit cool -- a few more weeks and I will be switching to long sleeves.  Sigh.

Work was interesting; lots of research today.  I realized -- as at my old job -- I could do some competitive intelligence by reading the quarterly transcripts of earnings calls and other statements (for public firms), so I proceeded to do just that today.  I told our CEO I was an idiot for not realizing this sooner, and she was... immensely amused by this.  Then, our HR person told me I should be taking more days off.  I told her I was having heart palpitations, which went over about as well.   In the meantime, back to the previously scheduled projects tomorrow. 

My home is becoming something of an entomological museum.  I left the garbage bag in the can in the garage overnight a couple of weeks ago, and now I see occasional ants in the garage and in the kitchen.  Yesterday morning I killed a flying pest in the shower, and then in the afternoon I dispatched a large spider (ok, 90% legs) in the hallway door.  Today, while watching J!, I crushed two other small critters traversing the living room carpet.  Oi.  I am tempted to call the Orkin lady again, much as I know this is a temporary problem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home